Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Introduction



 At the beach in San Sebastian, Spain
In front of the Olympic Stadium 1992 in Barcelona, Spain

My name is Grace Arney, and I just got back yesterday from studying in Spain for five weeks where I studied Spanish and Food Science. I was born in Charlotte, North Carolina. I lived in Germany for two years and went to Kindergarten there. Next I moved Raleigh, North Carolina and attended first through fifth grades at a small Montessori school. Then for sixth through twelve grades, I lived in Huntsville, Alabama and went to a small private school (graduating with 63 students). My parents and younger brother still live in Huntsville, Alabama, and that is where I am now and for the rest of the summer.  
At Clemson, I have just finished my freshman year studying Food Science and Technology and I am also working on a Spanish Minor (because I really like Spanish). With my Food Science degree I hope to go into product development, or development of new foods and food products.
I really like Clemson; I loved my first year there and did not want to leave at either break. I am looking forward to going back. There is something fun about living with all your friends less than a 10 minute walk away and without your parents. Other things I like, just off the top of my head, include warm sunny days, the beach (where I will be next week), purple, cooking, watching movies, and hanging out with friends. I really enjoyed the month plus I spent in Spain learning about Spanish and food. Those topics are two of my favorite things to study and I was able to spend five weeks in Spain studying them.
I try not to spend much time thinking about what I hate, mostly because that thought line is very negative. However, there are many things that I hate. A large portion of things I hate include foods, including but not limited to: ground meat, shell fish, catsup, mustard, mayonnaise, boiled white asparagus (a discovery while in Spain), most soup, anise, liquorish, fennel, celery, cumin, pepper, and anything spicy. And on top of my picky eating, I am also gluten intolerant, which is not something I hate, but it definitely limits my food choices. Related to gluten intolerance, I hate when people who know I am gluten intolerance, repeatedly offer me foods with gluten in them. I am never sure if they honestly forgot five times in a row, are being passive aggressive, or even just mean. Also, I hate packing to go home from college, because that means I am leaving college. I was packed and ready to go to college a week early, but I packed to move out the night before.
I hope this post has introduced me well and accurately. I like talking about myself so this post will probably be the easiest for me. I am looking forward to this class online. It is my first online class and I am excited to see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment