Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Writing Process

Writing has never been my favorite subject, but in this class, it has not been too bad. A definite benefit is that the class is online, so I can go at my own pace and do not have to talk, and it is in the summer, so I have nearly nothing else to do. Writing for me is not something that is slow and meticulous (usually). I am not one to painstakingly pick out each word I type, I would much rather type it all out and go back and put in better word choices. I just write whatever comes into my head with my fingers going as fast as possible just trying to get my ideas out. But then I have to go back through and edit all the crap I have just written, as well as all the grammatical and spelling errors I have just made. Last week, while at home, I would wake up in the morning (or sometimes afternoon), and pull out my laptop and finish the assignment while still in bed to get it out of the way before my day even began. It is nice to not worry about it for the rest of the day. This week, I have been on vacation with my family at the beach, and luckily we have had internet, though it has been very slow. I am currently sitting at the long dining room table looking out, over the low sand dunes, watching the ocean gently crash against the sand. In the background, the twelve or so family members are rustling around in the making lunch or just making noise. Luckily the noise, music, and eating does not distract me. When I go back home next week I am going to miss the view, my family, and the noise, but it will be nice to go back to sitting in my bed and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment